Thursday, June 10, 2010

No Country for Old Men

Sure, you might think that the above title refers to the great Cormac McCarthy novel, but you would be wrong.

The Interwebs with its series of tubes, it appears to me, is no country for old men...or at least not for me. After months of trying to sign on to this website...off and on as my patience allowed...I am finally back. Simple questions like password and account name eluded me, like a feathery morning mist fading in a Connecticut Valley sunrise. Each time I tried to log on, I was lumbered.

Finally, my wife (who calmly bears with me ... and, it should be noted, with nary a complaint) asked if she could help. I, in great frustration and suffering admitted defeat, said, "Please."

Zip-zap, a few strokes of the keyboard...and I'm back. So, beginning tomorrow we will return to the discussion of books and publishing and anything else that comes to a mind that scarcely functions at the best of times.

No comments: